As of the start of April 2022, many Asian countries have eased travel restrictions with regard to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic and are moving towards an endemic state. This means that there are fewer obstacles for travellers, and international business meetings in the region.
The announcement of borders reopening and the relaxation of restrictions in Cambodia, Singapore and Thailand, in particular, has made April-May an exciting period for tourism in Southeast Asia. In addition, the Philippines, Vietnam, South Korea, and Malaysia also announced the exemption of quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers.
We look at the recent and upcoming changes and the key holiday dates coming up in the first half of 2022.
(You can talk to our team at Yugo to manage your travel plans and let you jet set for your next holiday - Email: email@example.com / WhatsApp / Telegram: +65 87 64 59 38).
As of mid-March 2022, Cambodia does not require a pre-departure PCR test nor any tests on arrival for fully vaccinated passengers - it now has one of the most relaxed set of rules in Asia.
Visas on arrival have also been reinstated and only unvaccinated travellers need to spend time in quarantine.
- Pre-flight PCR testing is not required
- No RAT testing on arrival
- Issuing of visas on arrival has resumed
- 14-day mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated travellers still applies
Khmer New Year 2022
Talk to our team now if you are looking for the perfect getaway over the Khmer New Year from 14-17 April 2022 and relax at one of our partner resorts and fly by helicopter to The Royal Sands, Koh Rong or Song Saa Private Island.
Or try the luxurious and incredible jungle experience in the heart of the Cardamon National Park in Cambodia with Shinta Mani Wild - set in a river valley of 350 hectares where the camp runs along the river and the waterfalls. All-inclusive package with Yugo which includes a private helicopter flight to Shinta Mani Wild.
There are also public holidays in May 2022 with Labour Day on May 2, and Royal Ploughing Ceremony on May 19. Book your holiday with us now!
Thailand has eased travel restrictions since 1st April and for vaccinated travellers, the first night needs to be spent in an approved hotel or resort with a PCR on arrival.
Pre-arrival registration for the Thailand Pass is still required and the booking for the first night in a SHA+ / AQ. Once the results are received, and if negative, visitors are free to travel domestically and enjoy the country.
- Book accommodation for 1 night in SHA+ / AQ Hotel with 1 RT-PCR on arrival and 1 self-ATK (for the 5th day)
- The health insurance coverage has also been reduced to no less than US$20,000.
- Download the MorChana App.
Thailand might further minimise the restrictions and follow other countries and declare COVID-19 an endemic disease mid-year. The roadmap for the plan was released.
Let Yugo take you to your dream destination today and run through the latest requirements - join our membership now and fly to Bangkok or Phuket and explore the beautiful land of smiles and enjoy exquisite food, beautiful islands and non-stop cities.
The authorities announced that current entry restrictions for foreign travellers to Thailand won't change until after the popular Songkran festival with these possibly being dropped from May 2022.
The festival is celebrated from 13 to 15 April 2022 and although there are still restrictions in place for large gatherings serving alcohol, several events have been confirmed in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
The authorities are also asking the general public to follow basic COVID-preventive measures at all times, such as wearing masks, self-testing (with an ATK test) and social distancing.
Foreign nationals can now enter Vietnam by air, land and sea through all border gates as long as they meet the COVID-19 prevention and control requirements.
Under the proposal, international travellers will only have to prove that they have been fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 with a negative test result while having insurance coverage of at least 10,000 U.S. dollars for possible COVID-19 treatment in Vietnam.
Vietnam Entry Requirements March 2022:
- A negative Covid-19 test certificate (RT-PCR method within 72 hours before departure or the rapid antigen methods within 24 hours).
- Monitor health for the first 10 days after arrival and notify medical staff if there are any symptoms of Covid.
- Download and use the PC-Covid app during your stay in Vietnam.
Arriving in Singapore has also been made easier as of April 2022, For fully vaccinated travellers, only an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or PCR test within 48 hours or arrival are needed but there is no quarantine or testing on arrival.
Visitors need to check the Singapore entry requirements and follow the advice as per your nationality, and travel route but generally the following is required for foreign visitors:
- Apply for and submit an SG Arrival Card within three (3) days prior to the date of arrival in Singapore. This is to avoid unnecessary delays during immigration clearance. This includes providing proof of vaccination and a health declaration form.
- Install the Trace Together app for use in Singapore..
Explore some of the most iconic theme parks and casino destinations in Southeast Asia in Singapore.
Malaysian borders also reopened on 1st April 2022 and now it’s much easier to reach the bustling Kuala Lumpur or fly to Langkawi with Yugo and enjoy the beautiful beaches and amazing tropical jungle.
If you book your private jet with Yugo - stay with our exclusive partners to receive the ideal holiday experience now!
You need to check that your arrival is within a vaccinated Travel Lane with Malaysia and an RT-PCR test is still required before departure, and then a professionally administered antigen rapid test on arrival (or within 24 hours of arrival) to enter the country without any quarantine:
- Fully vaccinated visitors are not required to undergo quarantine upon arrival but must undergo a PCR test two days before departure and an RTK test upon arrival.
- All business operation hours for businesses are no longer be limited
- Face masks remain mandatory
The Philippines reopened its borders to fully-vaccinated foreign travellers from visa-free countries and all travellers are still subject to compliance with Philippine regulations upon entry.
For the complete travel requirements check your embassy and the latest requirements online:
- Negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours or negative Antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure from the country of origin, not applicable to children below 3 years old
- Proof of approved vaccination.
- Travel or Medical Insurance with COVID-19 treatment, and with minimum coverage of USD35,000. The insurance policy presented must reflect the minimum coverage.
Check if a Visa on Arrival (VOA) is applicable. As of April 2022, the Visa on Arrival – Visit Stay Permit (ITK) – is valid for 30 days and can be extended once but passengers are still required to show proof of vaccination and accommodation reservation in Indonesia, Health insurance and a Covid-free certificate.
Special visas have been granted to all member states of ASEAN as well as 23 countries including Australia, the United States, the Netherlands, Britain, Italy, Japan, Germany, Canada, South Korea, France, Qatar, New Zealand, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
You can see fantastic ideas for travel throughout SEA from Vietnam to Malaysia, the Philippines and more.