Paris Fashion Week, which runs from February 28 until March 8 in 2022, is one of the biggest drawcards on the socialite calendar and in a month that sees Valentines Day celebrated, as well as the Chinese (Lunar) New Year -dignitaries, billionaires and socialites are venturing access the globe in private chartered aircraft to attend high-profile and glamorous events.
In Paris itself, the annual Fashion Week is the culmination of several high-society Fashion House events taking place in New York, London and Milan. For just over a week, the fine gastronomic restaurants of the French capital as well as its magnificent and luxurious hotels, host artists and designers from around the planet.
We highlight some of the key events and shows at the Paris Fashion Week 2022 and how charter flights are in high demand as designers, models, socialites are travelling across the globe in this busy Fall fashion season.
How important is Paris Fashion Week?
Paris Fashion Week first took place in 1973 and is one of the most important and glamorous events in the fashion world.
Paris Fashion Week, as well as the aforementioned New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week and Milan Fashion Week (‘Big Four’ Fashion Weeks), are the most well-known fashion events on the planet and attract buyers, global media, celebrities, top models and designers to show off and present the latest fashion collections. Paris will be the climax of the culmination of months of work for the big designers and fashion houses.
Shows take place all over the historic capital, which includes Parisian locations the Grand Palais and the Espace Eiffel, or catwalks are set up in the Carrousel du Louvre and other surprise locations in Paris.
The Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode is responsible for pulling off the annual event in Paris, France and has an in-depth guide to the fashion houses and numerous events that are set to take place.
The 2022 event will see the Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Ready-to-Wear collections unveiled and set off new trends.
The Paris Fashion week in 2022 has confirmed such esteemed brands as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dior, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Off-White, Stella McCartney, Miu Miu, Chloe, Givenchy, Valentino, Balmain, Vivienne Westwood and The Row are among the 45 houses set to host an in-person runway show during the event.
Most fashion houses, in response to the ongoing COVID pandemic, have embraced live streaming the events and with a reported 95 fashion houses listed on the official calendar, there are 45 physical shows, 37 physical presentations and 13 digital-only events at Paris Fashion Week 2022 reports Vogue.
“Formats will depend on the evolution of the health situation and measures taken by public authorities,” the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode said in a statement.
There are also a number of professionals working at these events and with the short turnarounds between them and the distances involved, you can bet that glamorous fashion editors, writers and photographers, influencers, models, hair and makeup stylists are not all travelling commercially but opting for private jet charters between these major European cities and New York
Find out more about some of the best jets to charter today.
What to expect from Paris Fashion Week 2022?
For the official presentations schedule, the federation has asked Germany’s Anne Isabella, who will be showing in Paris for the first time; the label founded by former Issey Miyake Men artistic director Yusuke Takahashi (CFCL,) while French designer Alphonse Maitrepierre’s Maitrepierre; Belgian designer Meryll Rogge, and Hungarian fashion brand Nanushka will also be on show.
Another notable fashion brands are Rui (a genderless label founded by Chinese designer Rui Zhou. She was a joint winner of the 2021 Karl Lagerfeld Special Jury LVMH Prize for Young Designers.
There are also new brands and fashion collections running physical shows such as Ester Manas, on March 5 at 10:30 a.m. Others are Germanier, Petar Petrov and Vaquera.
Notable Paris Fashion Week 2022 highlights are:
- The first Off-White show since the brand’s founder Virgil Abloh passed away in 2021.
- The Row, a label started by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen founded in 2006, will show on March 2 at 11:30 am local time.
- Balenciaga will return to the more traditional runway show format.
- Marine Serre is due to return to the runway after several seasons of digital shows, with a display on March 4 at 9 p.m., while Lanvin has opted for a digital presentation on March 5 at 10 a.m. instead of a runway show.
Louis Vuitton traditionally closes the Paris Fashion Week and has this year switched to a 2:30 p.m. slot on March 7, 2022 (the second last of the week).
Depending on the safety guidelines, there are plans for cocktail events and parties, say, fashion insiders.
Many of the major designer shows are by invitation only, since it is primarily just a big trade show but the big four cities celebrating the Fashion Week’s are hotspots as travel destinations for HNWI. The high-profile and profitable industry usually hosts numerous VIP and invite-only events - attracting some of the wealthiest people on the planet from royalty, celebrities, sports personalities and those working in the fashion industry.
What is the value of the Luxury Fashion industry?
Luxury Fashion Market: is expected to reach US$ 322.18 billion with a CAGR of 3.6% for the period 2021-2027. A big driver is a shift in consumer demand and purchasing power for luxury goods.
Asia has been a massive contributing factor in driving the profits of luxury brands. Over the past decade, China has accounted for 70% of the growth in the luxury fashion market category, and this dominance is predicted to continue until 2027, while 11% is attributed to other Asian countries - Japan. India, the Philippines, and Indonesia are among the world’s fastest-growing big economies.
Louis Vuitton was the most valuable luxury brand in the world, with a brand value of about 47.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 and was ranked as the most valuable luxury company in Interbrand’s 2021 Top Global Brands report coming in at 13 globally. Other notable luxury brands were Chanel and Hermès, ranked as numbers 22 and 23 respectively.
Travel to international events and shows by charter aircraft
Chartering a private jet allows you to jet set from runway to runway, and city to city on your own schedule and with check-in times that suit you. Avoid long airport queues and make your way to private jet terminals, contact our concierge service for more information.
Yugo’s Travel Concierge can recommend the best aircraft for luggage space, the types of aircraft available and the best routes to Paris Le Bourget Airport from Milan, London or throughout Asia.
Important Fashion Week Dates 2022
- Feb 18 – 22, 2022: London Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2022
- Feb 22 – 28, 2022: Milan Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2022
- Mar 1 – 8, 2022: Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2022
- Jul 3 – 7, 2022: Paris Haute Couture Week
- Jul 7 – 10, 2022: Miami Swim Week
- Aug 9 – 12, 2022: Copenhagen Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2023
- Sep 9 – 14, 2022: New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2023
- Sep 16 – 20, 2022: London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2023
- Sep 20 – 26, 2022: Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2023
- Sep 26 – Oct 4, 2022: Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2023
Fly to a Ski Resort in France
While visiting the Fashion Weeks in Europe, February is also the perfect time to head to the Alps and other pristine ski resorts in France. From luxury and high-end chalets to rustic villages with divine food or some of the best and most popular ski resorts on the French border.
These resorts are within easy reach of smaller airports by private charter or helicopter and private transport:
- Courchevel 1850 is one of the most exclusive and expansive destinations with Ultra-Luxury chalets ranging in price from $80,000 - 200,000 USD per week. As one of the world’s most glamorous and fashionable resorts, skiing is also world-class.
- La Clusaz is one of the most northerly resorts in the French Alps and a typical alpine village setting. There are excellent slopes, beautiful mountains, and lively nightlife. See more reasons why it’s worth visiting now.
- Megeve borders the Swiss border and offers excellent luxury chalets as well as 5-star hotels and skiing with breathtaking views of Mont-Blanc.
- Chamonix and Val D’isere are popular luxury ski destinations, both offering diverse eateries, excellent ski slopes and beautiful 5-Star luxury hotels. Chamonix is one of the oldest ski resorts in France and remains a firm favourite.
You can also read up on the best sporting events in 2022 that you should consider booking a private flight for.
February is filled with other global events that are must-attends or celebrations you can't miss. With the conclusion of Chinese New Year in mid-February and Superbowl falling on Valentines Day - the 14th February 2022.
The Rio Carnival usually takes place every final weekend of February but in 2022 it will be held in late April instead.